“Best of Bentonville”
Women’s Mountain Bike Trip, April 9-14, 2024
Enjoy the beauty and aroma of spring wildflowers as you ride through a variety of single-track mountain bike trails (250 miles and growing daily) designed for the beginner to advanced mountain biker. The Ozark Mountains provide beautiful scenery as you ride next to gentle streams, majestic waterfalls, lakes, and overhanging cliffs.
Trip leaders will provide instruction on some of the fundamental mountain biking skills at various trailhead locations throughout the Bentonville trail system. Following the skill instruction, choose from a variety of routes depending on your fitness and ability level. Trip leaders will guide you through some of the best “must- ride” trails in the surrounding Bella Vista and Bentonville area. Relax in the afternoon at the newly built Trails Edge cabins or enjoy more single-track riding right out your cabin door on the Back 40 single-track trails located in Bella Vista. For more information about mountain biking in Bentonville check out our blog post here.
Experience Bentonville’s Culture & Cuisine!
Enjoy group dinners together at a variety of local restaurants in Bentonville with your new bike companions. Participants will have the opportunity to visit the world-class Crystal Bridges Museum of Art and take a tour of the Walmart Museum. Keep your camera handy as you ride through the city’s paved bike trails filled with over100 unique pieces of fun public art sculptures and murals.
MTB ABILITY/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
We will require all participants to have previous mountain biking experience, feel confident in executing fundamental mountain biking skills, and be stoked about multi-day riding! We will have riding groups geared towards participants fitness/ability levels for the daily trail rides. The focus of the trip will be exploring the trails in Bentonville with minimal mountain biking instruction. Trip leaders will split women into smaller riding ability groups so everyone can have an enjoyable experience.
- Five nights lodging at the newly built Trails Edge cabins. Each cabin has the following rooming options:
- Two rooms with one queen bed. Single-room occupancy will be an additional fee.
- Two rooms ( one with a queen bed and one with two twin beds).
- You can request to room with friends if desired or share a queen bed to reduce your trip cost fee.
- Four days of guided mountain bike rides hitting the best of Bentonville with your trip leaders.
- Fundamental biking skill instruction (first 20-30 minutes before our daily rides).
- Five dinner meals are included in your trip fee (at local restaurants in Bentonville and a reception dinner the first night at your leaders’ cabin).
- Appetizers/beverages before dinner meals as you relax outside in the woods by your cabin.
- Daily bike clean/lube provided by your trip leaders if desired.
Trails Edge Cabin Accommodations
TRIP PARTICIPANTS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Any ground/air transportation April 9 to the Trails Edge cabins along with return transportation home on April 14.
- Daily transportation to different trailhead venues and local restaurants is not included. We will carpool together to various destinations. For many of the rides, we will be biking from our cabins!
- All breakfast and lunch meals are on your own (kitchen units are included in each cabin along with the following amenities). We will also stop at various cafes for lunch on a few rides!
TRAVEL SCHEDULE: April 9 – 14, 2024
Arrival: All participants are responsible for ground transportation to the lodging venue. Participants should arrive between 3 – 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 9th at the Trails Edge cabins.
Departure: The bike trip will end with an optional morning ride on April14th before checking out at 10:00 a.m.
- Single room occupancy: $1,700
- Double room occupancy: $1,450
Request a detailed itinerary and more information at below link (space is limited to 12 participants). All registrations are non-refundable. Please see our refund policy here: Refund Policy and Travel Insurance
About Bentonville, Arkansas
Twenty years ago the town of Bentonville, Arkansas, was not even on the map as a mountain biking destination. Over the last 15 years, however, thanks in large part to investments made by the Walton family, the city has dubbed itself the “Mountain Biking Capital of the World.” For 2022, Bentonville ranked #1 in the ‘PeopleForBikes’ annual city ratings.
Bentonville’s journey began relatively recently, with the city’s first five miles of single-track opening in 2007 on the north end of town. Today, Northwest Arkansas is home to more than 500 miles of trails, stretching from Bella Vista to Eureka Springs. Bentonville’s key to success has been its ability to build trails for all types of riders.
Meet Your Trip Leaders
Endurance Adventures was founded by Kim Rudd. Her passion for Nordic skiing started while racing in high school and being exposed to the famous Minnesota Finlandia. She continued to ski race in college at Bemidji State University where she met her soulmate and adventure partner Craig Rudd. Kim has enjoyed racing for Team Rossignol for the past thirty years in various ski marathons around the Midwest and internationally. She also enjoys mountain biking and canoe/SUP adventures along with coaching youth and adults at the Loppet Foundation. Kim is certified as a level 200 BICP coach along with Level 200 USSA Nordic coach. She is excited to share her passion for travel, cycling, and Nordic skiing with other like-minded people!